Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional formatting odd/even rows

Hi All,

I know there are solutions to colouring odd & even rows, but could someone
tell me why what i'm trying is not working (and if there is a way of making
it work)...

in conditional formatting for some cells in a column, i used conditional
formatting as follows: -

[Formula is] "=iseven(rows())"... and if that condition is true, change the
cell colour

ie, if the row for that cell is even, the 'iseven' result is true and
therefore it should carry out the conditional formatting. what actually
happens is an error, telling me i can't refer to other worksheets/books, btu
i didn't think i was doing that anyway!!

i'm missing something obvious here, but i've tried several variations on
this theme but still can't do it.

thanks fo any guidance,

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
first: use ROW() and not ROWS(). Try the following (as it does not
require the Analysis toolpak addin):
=MOD(ROW(),2)=0

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tim" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Frank

thanks - a quick and simple solution (i feel a bit stupid for not working
that one out)

cheers

tim

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,
it is ROW() not rows()
=ISEVEN(ROW())
=ISODD(ROW())

---
HTH,

"Tim" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry about that didn't look first, was already answered and better by Frank

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rows() was a typo on my part - sorry, i knew it should've been row(), but it
still didn't work

thanks anyway though - Franks reply worked like a dream!