Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting of Rows

I have a chart such as this:

Date--------Training 1-----Training 2-----Training 3
??/??/????------X----------------------------
??/??/????--------------------X--------------
And so on.

I am formatting the rows below "Date" in ascending order. I wish to be
able to highlight the rows which are within a certain date range. For
example, suppose Training 1 is scheduled for tomorrow, and TRaining 2
is scheduled for next week, while Training 3 is scheduled for next
month. If my "restriction" or condition is for the training to be
within a month, then the rows that will be highlighted are the first
two, while are tomorrow and next week. The training 3 which is
scheduled for next month will not be highlighted and will have plain,
ordinary formatting.

Thank you!

--
aposatsk
aposatsk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36709

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use conditional formating (Format - Conditional formatting), with a
formula like:
=AND((A2-TODAY())<=30,A2=TODAY())
The first condition checks that cell is within 30 days of today, the second
that is not a past date.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.