Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default conditional formatting odd/even rows

Hi
first: use ROW() and not ROWS(). Try the following (as it does not
require the Analysis toolpak addin):
=MOD(ROW(),2)=0

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Tim" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
Hi All,

I know there are solutions to colouring odd & even rows, but could

someone
tell me why what i'm trying is not working (and if there is a way of

making
it work)...

in conditional formatting for some cells in a column, i used

conditional
formatting as follows: -

[Formula is] "=iseven(rows())"... and if that condition is true,

change the
cell colour

ie, if the row for that cell is even, the 'iseven' result is true and
therefore it should carry out the conditional formatting. what

actually
happens is an error, telling me i can't refer to other

worksheets/books, btu
i didn't think i was doing that anyway!!

i'm missing something obvious here, but i've tried several variations

on
this theme but still can't do it.

thanks fo any guidance,

Tim