Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Databases and List Box's

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible in Excel to create an Access lik
database?

Basically I have list of documents I would like to have displayed in
List Box,

DOC1
DOC2
DOC3 etc…

What I then would like to accomplish is to once the user clicks o
highlights, say DOC2 it would then display a list of related document
in the second List Box…

I know how to get the list to show in the List Box, what I don't kno
is how to then associate each line in the List Box with associated tex
that would be visible in the secondary box. I hope I haven't confuse
anyone, I'm quite new to Excel...

Thanks for reading this.

UKLea

--
uklea
ukleaf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1160

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, it is unclear when you talk about secondary text whether your second
listbox has a list of documents based on the first listbox and the secondary
text is about the entries in the second listbox or you are trying to put the
secondary text in the second listbox based on the first listbox. In either
case, more explanation about how the relation is established and where the
secondary text is being displayed.

Tom Ogilvy

"ukleaf" wrote in message

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible in Excel to create an Access like
database?

Basically I have list of documents I would like to have displayed in a
List Box,

DOC1
DOC2
DOC3 etc.

What I then would like to accomplish is to once the user clicks or
highlights, say DOC2 it would then display a list of related documents
in the second List Box.

I know how to get the list to show in the List Box, what I don't know
is how to then associate each line in the List Box with associated text
that would be visible in the secondary box. I hope I haven't confused
anyone, I'm quite new to Excel...

Thanks for reading this.

UKLeaf

--