Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default add-in installation Inno setup file

Does anybody have an example of an Inno setup file that deals with
installing
an Excel add-in, that he/she is willing to share?
I would need the code file, to see how it is done.
Thanks for any assistance.

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

RB,

I'm not sure that this is the best approach, but what I have been doing is
to install the add-ins into the MS Library folder so that they are
automatically available to the Excel application, rather than putting them
into my program's installation folder and then trying to figure out how to
get to them programmatically.

Here's the [Files] section:

[Files]
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\JobLogManager v4.4.xls; DestDir: {app}; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\PMApprover.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\JL4Manager.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\VendorList.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\Mscomct2.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: restartreplace
sharedfile regserver

This is for Office 97. I have a different setup file for Office XP, where
the standard library location seems to be
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library

If anyone has better techniques for this, I'd be really happy to hear them!

--
Dianne Butterworth

RB Smissaert wrote:
Does anybody have an example of an Inno setup file that deals with
installing
an Excel add-in, that he/she is willing to share?
I would need the code file, to see how it is done.
Thanks for any assistance.

RBS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I dont know if this is best as well but i use another excel workboo
with the code to install th addin from the folder where the program i
located. i put the code in the workbook open event along with code t
close th workbook.I use a bat file to delete it as well as delete th
batfile from the batfile itself

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\add addin.xls";Flags: shellexec
Filename: "{app}\Starting Files\code\MyDLL\regdll.bat"

batfile
del "add addin.xls"
del "Starting Files\code\MyDLL\regdll.bat"
del "Delete.bat"

hope this helps

code here

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
a = ThisWorkbook.Path
ChDir (a & "\Starting Files")
ChDir "code"
a = CurDir
AddIns.Add(a & "\ORL SCH v3.0.xla").Installed = True
AddIns.Add(a & "\ORLschDATA.xla").Installed = True
Application.Quit
End Su

--
rjtaylo