Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default add-in installation Inno setup file

Dianne,

Thanks; will have a look at this.

RBS

"Dianne Butterworth" wrote in message
RB,

I'm not sure that this is the best approach, but what I have been doing is
to install the add-ins into the MS Library folder so that they are
automatically available to the Excel application, rather than putting them
into my program's installation folder and then trying to figure out how to
get to them programmatically.

Here's the [Files] section:

[Files]
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\JobLogManager v4.4.xls; DestDir: {app}; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\PMApprover.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\JL4Manager.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\VendorList.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\Mscomct2.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags:
restartreplace
sharedfile regserver

This is for Office 97. I have a different setup file for Office XP, where
the standard library location seems to be
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library

If anyone has better techniques for this, I'd be really happy to hear
them!

--
Dianne Butterworth

RB Smissaert wrote:
Does anybody have an example of an Inno setup file that deals with
installing
an Excel add-in, that he/she is willing to share?
I would need the code file, to see how it is done.
Thanks for any assistance.

RBS