Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating an installation file

Hello,

I have recently completed an Excel Add-In and I would like t
distribute it. In scouring ways to do this, I came across in thi
forum a suggestion to use "Inno Setup" (by Jordan Russell) which is a
awesome installer program.

That said, I don't know how to bundle everything (my Add-In an
associated workbooks) into one simple setup file that I could actuall
deploy to users.

Does anybody know what to do once they have compiled their installatio
program in Inno Setup? For instance, FreeExtractor actually bundle
everything into a nice setup when it is done. While I like thi
program a lot, there are features in Inno Setup that I would prefer t
use.

Any advice on using Inno Setup would be much appreciated.

-Sila

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have used InnoSetup to distribute XLS files, XLA files and OCX files.

Once you compile your script, look for a folder called Output which gets
added to the folder where your script is. There will be a file called
setup.exe -- rename this to something more appropriate, if you like.

--
Dianne Butterworth

Hello,

I have recently completed an Excel Add-In and I would like to
distribute it. In scouring ways to do this, I came across in this
forum a suggestion to use "Inno Setup" (by Jordan Russell) which is an
awesome installer program.

That said, I don't know how to bundle everything (my Add-In and
associated workbooks) into one simple setup file that I could actually
deploy to users.

Does anybody know what to do once they have compiled their
installation program in Inno Setup? For instance, FreeExtractor
actually bundles everything into a nice setup when it is done. While
I like this program a lot, there are features in Inno Setup that I
would prefer to use.

Any advice on using Inno Setup would be much appreciated.

-Silas

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks!!!

That worked. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

-Silas

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd sure like to see your resultant ISS file so that I could figure out howo
do this!

Could you send it to me?

"Silas Mercer " wrote in
message ...
Thanks!!!

That worked. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

-Silas

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The latest version of InnoSetup comes with ISTools, which has a wizard to
walk you through the creation of your ISS.

--
Dianne Butterworth

Paul Lautman wrote:
I'd sure like to see your resultant ISS file so that I could figure
out howo do this!

Could you send it to me?

"Silas Mercer " wrote in
message ...
Thanks!!!

That worked. I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

-Silas

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paul,

This is what my [Files] section looks like:

Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\JobLogManager v4.4.xls; DestDir: {app}; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\PMApprover.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\JL4Manager.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
ignoreversion confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library\VendorList.xla;
DestDir: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library; Flags:
confirmoverwrite
Source: C:\Documents and Settings\dbutterworth\My
Documents\Excel\JobLogs\Mscomct2.ocx; DestDir: {sys}; Flags: restartreplace
sharedfile regserver

I have a different setup file for computers running OfficeXP, since the
Library is found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library
instead.

What I'd eventually like to do is to read/write to the Registry so that I
don't need to hard code destination folders (hard coding - ick). Or at least
figure out a better way to find and reference the XLA files if the user
installs them somewhere odd.

--
HTH,
Dianne Butterworth