Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need macro to set duplex option

I have a printer with a duplex option and I need to have the option work on
workbooks with multiple worksheets. Using the group feature and selecting
the duplex option doesn't work because each worksheet must have the duplex
option turned on before selecting the group feature in order for the
duplexing option to work. And, when the duplex option is selected, it turns
off whenever a different printer is selected for any other open workbook.
The duplexing option will save properly, but when a workbook with the
duplexing option saved to it is opened and any other printer is selected for
any other open workbook, the duplexing option is turned off for all
worksheets for open all workbooks using the duplexing option.

My intended solution was to create a macro to turn the duplexing option on
quickly. However, when I've tried this, the macro changes all the available
print options that Excel knows about and doesn't turn the duplexing option
on.

Is there any way that you're aware of to use a macro for this problem? If
not, do you know of anything else that might help?

I admit that I have very limited VBA programming skills. I am an accountant
by trade and use Excel extensively. I appreciate your help on this and
appologize for my lack of programming skill.

Will Fleenor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you create another "printer" (print driver that goes to this printer in
Start=Settings=Printer) that has the duplex option set. Then you would
just select this printer. This would be the easiest if it works.

Another think you can look at:

HOWTO: Set Duplex Printing for Word Automation

Tom Ogilvy

"Will Fleenor" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This didn't help me. I have a HP LaserJet 2200d which has the duplex
function. Can you explain what this command does? When I inserted it into my
macro, I got an error message.

"Will Fleenor" wrote:

I fugured it out.
SendKeys "%fp%r{TAB}{TAB}{+}~~", True