Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Macro Option

Does anyone know how I can set my workbook to open without
giving the user the option of enabling or disabling the
macros I created?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
you can't do this in your workbook as this is a security feature. The
user may set his security level to 'Low' but this could/would have
security drawbacks

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Pete wrote:
Does anyone know how I can set my workbook to open without
giving the user the option of enabling or disabling the
macros I created?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't. Just think about the field day virus writers would have if you
could do that.

A commonly used technique is to make the key sheet hidden, and have some
workbook open code that makes it visible. Put some text on another sheet
warning the users about disabling macros and save it with this sheet active.
Not foolproof, but it helps.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips