Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Visual Basic for Applications

I have decided to learn VBA yet I have heard a lot of
conflicting information about computer programming in
general. Yesterday, I emailed a contact about whether VBA
would be applicable for what I wanted to do and he
replied 'Definitely VBA in order. But learn how to do it
with a written interface'.

What does that mean? What is a written interface?

Also, I have bought 'John Walkenbach: Power Poregramming
with Excel 2002 and VBA' as a starting point. Can anybody
recommend any alternatives for the absolute beginner?

Thanks

Alex Park
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

i think 'written interface' means
'printed' rather then 'on-line' or 'on-screen'

<g

So by buying a book step 1. is completed.

And you could have done lot's worse then John's book.
If it looks thick... all computer books do...
Dont be put off with the size.. It just means the author takes more time
to lead you thru the topics.

If it's still too 'daunting' then start with ' VBA for Dummies '
but I'd just take my time with John's Power Programming'..

keepITcool

"Alex Park" wrote:

I have decided to learn VBA yet I have heard a lot of
conflicting information about computer programming in
general. Yesterday, I emailed a contact about whether VBA
would be applicable for what I wanted to do and he
replied 'Definitely VBA in order. But learn how to do it
with a written interface'.

What does that mean? What is a written interface?

Also, I have bought 'John Walkenbach: Power Poregramming
with Excel 2002 and VBA' as a starting point. Can anybody
recommend any alternatives for the absolute beginner?

Thanks

Alex Park

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok. I am afraid that still makes little sense to me. I am
computer illiterate. Why would I be using a 'printed'
format to operate VBA?

"Alex Park" wrote:

I have decided to learn VBA yet I have heard a lot of
conflicting information about computer programming in
general. Yesterday, I emailed a contact about whether

VBA
would be applicable for what I wanted to do and he
replied 'Definitely VBA in order. But learn how to do

it
with a written interface'.

What does that mean? What is a written interface?

Also, I have bought 'John Walkenbach: Power

Poregramming
with Excel 2002 and VBA' as a starting point. Can

anybody
recommend any alternatives for the absolute beginner?

Thanks

Alex Park

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming