Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XL97: where are my favourite MVP's ?

This must be a tough one, if none of the MVP's can answer
it.
*****************
Again .. (3rd attempt!)
In Excel 97, how to apply formatting inside a Pivot table
that remain after refreshing?

I have succeeded doing this in several workbooks, but I
can't repeat it each time in the same way.

thanks to anyone that can solve this question,
Derek
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default where are my favourite MVP's ?

I don't believe there is a way to retain all formatting aspects with a pivot
table. If I recall, you were looking for column widths as one thing to
retain after you change the layout of a table. I doubt that would be
possible. The easiest would probably to build a macro to restore the page
to the format you want.

Tom Ogilvy

"Derek" wrote in message
This must be a tough one, if none of the MVP's can answer
it.
*****************
Again .. (3rd attempt!)
In Excel 97, how to apply formatting inside a Pivot table
that remain after refreshing?

I have succeeded doing this in several workbooks, but I
can't repeat it each time in the same way.

thanks to anyone that can solve this question,
Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

As far as color, If color is applied to an entire dimension, it appears to
stay as long as the field isn't hidden. For example, if I colored an entire
column within the table, then shifted the layout so the data was horizontal,
the coloring remained consistent. If you are coloring individual cells,
that seemed to remain as well as long as resolution (granularity?) remained
the same.

Tom Ogilvy

"Derek" wrote in message
This must be a tough one, if none of the MVP's can answer
it.
*****************
Again .. (3rd attempt!)
In Excel 97, how to apply formatting inside a Pivot table
that remain after refreshing?

I have succeeded doing this in several workbooks, but I
can't repeat it each time in the same way.

thanks to anyone that can solve this question,
Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tested, it's an XL97 Oddity by now

Thank you MVP's Tushar and Tom for replying.
Meanwhile, I started doing some tests on different
workbooks.
I CAN apply colour and font formats inside the pivot (not
borders) in a NEW file.
However, if I open the old file (containing 15Mb of data
over 35 dimensions), the possibility of keeping these
formats suddenly dissapears, ALSO for the new workbook.
I would call this an oddity (or maybe the 15Mb file is
corrupted?)

Greetings and many thanks for sharing the knowledge,
Derek (from Belgium)

[Note: if conditional formatting is applied, ALL formats
get lost upon refreshing]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Derek.

Have you right clicked the Pivot table, and in Options checked the "Preserve formatting" box?

Don't forget to apply your format to all the rows or columns you want, as some get hidden when you filter the data.

Regards Robert
"More Vodka Please"

"Derek" wrote in message ...
This must be a tough one, if none of the MVP's can answer
it.
Again .. (3rd attempt!)
In Excel 97, how to apply formatting inside a Pivot table
that remain after refreshing?

I have succeeded doing this in several workbooks, but I
can't repeat it each time in the same way.

thanks to anyone that can solve this question,
Derek

---