Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MVP's

Hi Folks!

I'm curious......

Does MS provide you guys with a complimentary copy of the latest versions of
Excel when they come out?

This would seem like a "reasonable" thing to do.

Biff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think that this covered by a non-disclosure agreement...

One of the perks of being an MVP is that you can choose to get a subscription to
MSDN for free. That includes various versions of Office among other things.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The FAQ says this about how the MVPs are selected: "Q3: How does Microsoft
award the MVPs?

A3: The MVPs are awarded through a nomination period where their past year's
contributions to the technical community are compared against those of their
peers. Recipients of the award are determined through review cycles in that
nomination period."

How is that determined? Via participation in these discussion groups?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hi Folks!

I'm curious......

Does MS provide you guys with a complimentary copy of the latest versions of
Excel when they come out?

This would seem like a "reasonable" thing to do.

Biff

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's one of the ways. There are other ways to contribute, too. I think that
MS leaves as ambiguous as this so that they award anyone whom they think has
made a significant contribution.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Hi Folks!

I'm curious......

Does MS provide you guys with a complimentary copy of the latest versions of
Excel when they come out?

This would seem like a "reasonable" thing to do.

Biff

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to these newsgroups, MVPs take part in other online forums,
write books and articles, post web sites, participate in user groups, and
take part in other activities benefiting the public.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions