Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I update calendar control 8.0 to 10.0

You say(8.0) Excel 2000 have 9.0????

I have try it with a control in 2000(9) and run it in 2003(11)
and have no problems

What are the problem you have

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
I have an excel application I built using Excel 2000. I
used Calendar Controls on several of the forms. The
calendar controls in Office XP do not work properly with
the application built in Excel 2000. Is there a way to
either update all the calendar controls with the 10.0
control or have the application select an alternate
control depending on the version of office installed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The version of Excel 2000 has calendar control 8.0 listed
when you select additional controls inside the VBA editor.
If you use Office XP which I have installed on another
machine it has calendar control 10.0 listed. The dll file
for both is named MSCAL.OCX which prevents me from having
both versions on the same machine. The calendar does not
display correctly in Office XP version of Excel.
I have try it with a control in 2000(9) and run it in 2003

(11)
and have no problems

What are the problem you have

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)
www.rondebruin.nl

"Eric" wrote in

message ...
I have an excel application I built using Excel 2000. I
used Calendar Controls on several of the forms. The
calendar controls in Office XP do not work properly with
the application built in Excel 2000. Is there a way to
either update all the calendar controls with the 10.0
control or have the application select an alternate
control depending on the version of office installed?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I checked it again and Excel 97 have version 8.0
You can download the controls here
(see the link on the bottem of this page)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

I go try it in Excel 97 with 8.0 to see if I got problems when I
run it in a higher version.

I be back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eric

It seems that the Control (8.0) for Excel 97 will not work on a sheet.
But It will work on a Userform in Excel 97.

When I run the Excel 97 file in Excel 2000-2003 it will not work on a sheet but is
working correct on a userform.

If you want then send me the file that is not workin correct in 2002

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your help but I think I figure out the problem.
If I make modifications to the application while in the
Office XP version of Excel and then try to run it in the
older Excel 2000 version I encounter this problem. The old
calendar controls work fine in the newer versions of Excel
but the newer versions are not backwards compatible I
guess. I want to be able to continue development of this
application in Office XP but at the same time have it work
in older versions of Excel. Is that possible?
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can help me with another question? I need to be
able to detect whether or not a computer is connected to a
network when the excel application I am working on is
opened. The application is going to run on a tablet PC
that will not always be connected to a network. I want to
automatically refresh imported information when the
application opens but only if a network connection is
available. Have you ever done this?
[...]

message news:7b0001c3e8fd$89087a70

I have an excel application I built using Excel

2000. I
used Calendar Controls on several of the forms.

The
calendar controls in Office XP do not work

properly with
the application built in Excel 2000. Is there a

way to
either update all the calendar controls with the

10.0
control or have the application select an

alternate
control depending on the version of office

installed?

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

not backwards compatible

That is correct

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)

"Eric" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check out this site
There is some good stuff there
http://vbnet.mvps.org/

Determining Network Connections with InternetGetConnectedState

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003)