Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calendar Control 10.0

I have an Excel workbook that is distributed to users of varying computer literacy and varying versions of Excel and/or Office. This workbook has been distributed to about 25 users and has worked fine except in about four cases. In those cases, when the user initially opens the workbook, an unnumbered compile error occurs "Cannot locate object or project". I think I've traced this error to a userform that contains Calendar Control 10.0, the files for which apparently do not exist on every users' machine.

My question is - is there a way to include the MSCAL.OCX and any related calendar control files within the workbook itself and have those files automatically installed in the correct folders on the users' machine if they do not already exist? Or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

Any help or suggestions you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Michael

My question is - is there a way to include the MSCAL.OCX and any related calendar control files within the workbook itself

I don't think that is possibble

The control is a part of Access so if the user don't have Access, there is no control.

See the link on the bottom of this page
You can download the control there if the user don't have it.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2)

"Michael Hertzig" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Michael Hertzig" wrote in message
My question is - is there a way to include the MSCAL.OCX and any related calendar

control files within the workbook itself and have those files automatically installed in
the correct folders on the users' machine if they do not already exist?

No, sorry. That's what setup programs do. And the problem is known as "dll hell". Not a
nice place.

I use Setup Factory from www.indigorose.com and am extremely happy with it. Others use
Installshield www.installshield.com or Wise www.wise.com (-wasn't that one free earlier ?)

--