Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to find lost macros?

I sent a co-worker some macros, and he "put them in Excel". He used them
last week, but can't find them today. I'm thinking he put them in a
Worksheet or Workbook module of one particular file, rather than
Personal.xls or some other easily-located place.

Is there any way to search for all .xls files containing VBA code?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed

Not really, but opening any will result in the 'do you want to enable
macros' box, so it shouldn't take too long to find it

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ed" wrote in message
I sent a co-worker some macros, and he "put them in Excel". He used them
last week, but can't find them today. I'm thinking he put them in a
Worksheet or Workbook module of one particular file, rather than
Personal.xls or some other easily-located place.

Is there any way to search for all .xls files containing VBA code?

Ed

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try Alt+F8 which will not show private macros.

Also for documentation you might take a look at

Build Table of Contents, similar listings, working with Hyperlinks

for creating a list of Functions and Subroutines in all open workbooks:
Subroutine and Function Table for Open Workbooks (#ListFunctionsAndSubs)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nctionsAndSubs
and the coding can be found at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/listfsubs.txt
---