Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default How to find lost macros?

Try Alt+F8 which will not show private macros.

Also for documentation you might take a look at

Build Table of Contents, similar listings, working with Hyperlinks

for creating a list of Functions and Subroutines in all open workbooks:
Subroutine and Function Table for Open Workbooks (#ListFunctionsAndSubs)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...nctionsAndSubs
and the coding can be found at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/code/listfsubs.txt
---
HTH,

"Ed" wrote in message ...
I sent a co-worker some macros, and he "put them in Excel". He used them
last week, but can't find them today. I'm thinking he put them in a
Worksheet or Workbook module of one particular file, rather than
Personal.xls or some other easily-located place.

Is there any way to search for all .xls files containing VBA code?

Ed