Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Linking cells to another worksheet

Hi Folks,

I hope someone can help me with this... I am not sure what such a procedure is
"called" so I cannot begin toi find any answers.

Essentially, I have an accounting journal and also need to maintain account
legders.

So If I identify any single row on the journal, I should be able to transfer it
to a seperate worksheet based upon... say an account number listed in one of the
columns of that single row.

Sounds easy enough, but I've already killed my cat over cthis.

Anyone help?

Regards,

Paul

( PS, never even touched the cat, just a bad joke )
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Generally, you would have your separate worksheet/workbook have a formula
using Vlookup or a combination of index and match to establish a link to the
journal sheet.

=vlookup(A2,Journal!A1:B200,2,False)

will retrieve the value in column 2 of sheet journal where the value in
column A of the sheet journal matches the value of cell A2 in the sheet with
the formula.

Tom Ogilvy