Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jkralick

Default Linking cells by name only to another worksheet....

At work we have productivity sheets, we put the times we do a certain task.
The same tasks are not always done in order but we have to put them in order
of time. I want to link all the time totals for one task to another
worksheet (recap sheet). I cannot figure this out since they change location
daily. I want the task totals to add up on the other worksheet automatically.
Ex: worksheet one
taskA b-time e-time total
taskC b-time e-time total
taskB b-time e-time total
taskA b-time e-time total
taskC b-time e-time total
taskB b-time e-time total

worksheet two
totals added for taskA
totals added for taskB
totals added for taskC

remember the task change daily.
Thank you for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Assume:

.........A............B................C.......
1...taskA.....b-time.....e-time total
2...taskC.....b-time.....e-time total
3...taskB.....b-time.....e-time total
4...taskA.....b-time.....e-time total
5...taskC.....b-time.....e-time total
6...taskB.....b-time.....e-time total

Sheet2:

A1 = taskA
A2 = taskB
A3 = taskC

Enter this formula in B1:

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A$1:A$6,A1,Sheet1!C$1:C$6)

Copy down as needed.

Biff

"Jkralick" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jkralick

Thanks,

that helped alot, and it was easier then I thought