Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking worksheet and multiple cells

Hello All:

Here is my situation. I have 3 worksheets (WS1, WS2, WS3). Column A is
linked to the same Column A in all 3 worksheets. So, if A1= DOG on WS1, it
will automatically be DOG in A1 in WS2 and WS3. Now, in WS2 and WS3, all of
the data in columns b-f, pertain directly back to the value in A() of that
row and worksheet. If I sort, WS1 and the order of A() changes, how do I
get the data in the rows b-f of WS2 and WS3 to change or flow to their
respective A() value?

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instead of linking that directly use a VLOOKUP() formula in WS2 and WS3 in
Columns B to F. With ColA data in Sheet2 and Sheet3 copy the below formula in
Sheet2 and Sheet3 cell B1 and copy down/across as required...

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:F,Column(),0)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria