Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formulas Not Working

Hi Guys,

When I enter a formula into a cell it does not do anything. Just the
text of the formula is left sitting there.

Do you know why this is and how I can fix it.

Thanks for your help,

Steve Wilson.

--
SteveW
SteveW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20698

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

SteveW wrote:
Hi Guys,

When I enter a formula into a cell it does not do anything. Just the
text of the formula is left sitting there.

Do you know why this is and how I can fix it.

Thanks for your help,

Steve Wilson.

--
SteveW
SteveW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20698
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558369

Hi Steve,

Maybe your cell is formated at Text when you enter your formula.
Try to delete your formula then RightClick - Format Cells - Number
and chose General
The re-enter your formula.

Also maybe you have check-marked Show Formulars under Tools - Options
- View - Window Options... If so un-check it

Regards,
Bondi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Naz Naz is offline

I suggest you use another column, chances are the cell is formatted as text,
but changing it won't work.
--

Naz,

"Bondi" wrote:

SteveW wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bondi,

How easy was that.

Thanks for your help and very quick reply, I appreciate it.

Best Regards,

Steve.