Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fonz

Default Please help with Statistics Formulas in Excel

Hello all, I am having a bit of difficulty with making a spreadsheet that
entails the use of calculating various statistical formulas. I have searched
the net on this topic and have only managed to find exactly what I have found
help on in the help section of Excel. OUt of the formulas I needed, the
following list as of now is what I do not know how to enter into excel. I do
know the formulas as how you would write them out on paper and that is
included with the statistical terms. If anyone knows of a website that can
explain in detail how to enter these as well as other formulas into excel, It
would be much appreciated. I will be needing to add more formulas on a weekly
basis starting next week when I deal with the introduction to probability in
statistics. Here are the formulas I need to know how to enter into excel:

"Midpoint" which is (Lower class limit) + (Upper class limit)/2

"Relative Frequency" Which is Class Frequency/Sample Size (Also how to get the class frequency and sample size in excel would also be appreciated.)

"Weighted Mean" which is The sum of (x*w)/n

"Mean for Grouped Data" which is the sum of (x*f)/n

"Sample Standard Deviation for Grouped Data" which is the Square root of the

sum of (x-xbar)^2*f/n-1

"Chebychev's Theorem" which is The portion of any data set lying within K

standard Deviation (k1) of the mean is at least :
(whole number 1) - 1/k^2 .

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carim

Hi Fonz,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the excel add-in called
Analysis ToolPack ...?
It seems to me it is packed with a great deal of functions ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fonz

This doesn't help because I will be using the sheet I create at multiple
locations and I can't install anything onto any other computer that isn't
mine. Any other suggestions?

"Carim" wrote:

Hi Fonz,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the excel add-in called
Analysis ToolPack ...?
It seems to me it is packed with a great deal of functions ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33259
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531166

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

It's part of Excel, it's on the same CD so anyone with a legal copy of
Excel/Office would also have the ATP
Regarding the formulas go here

http://groups.google.es/advanced_gro...=lang_en&hl=en

and search, there are plenty of math professor regulars who have answered
these type of questions many times, names to include in your search

Mike Middleton, Jerry W. Lewis, Dave Braden, Harlan Grove

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Carim" wrote:

Hi Fonz,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the excel add-in called
Analysis ToolPack ...?
It seems to me it is packed with a great deal of functions ...

HTH
Cheers
Carim

--
Carim
Carim's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It's part of Excel, it's on the same CD so anyone with a legal copy of
Excel/Office would also have the ATP

But an awful lot of corporate users won't have the CD, either because
the company has a single site copy or because the CDs are sequestered
with the IT Dept. Often their IT Dept won't install ATP since it's not
on the approved configuration list. As far as they're concerned, it's
*not* part of XL.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

That's true, but one would expect that if this is something that is to the
benefit of the company on might expect that necessary strings could be
pulled to facilitate this. Some companies I have worked with have had it
installed already (although you have to check it under toolsadd-ins) and
other have made it possible although I am sure there are companies that
won't budge

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
In article ,
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It's part of Excel, it's on the same CD so anyone with a legal copy of
Excel/Office would also have the ATP

But an awful lot of corporate users won't have the CD, either because
the company has a single site copy or because the CDs are sequestered
with the IT Dept. Often their IT Dept won't install ATP since it's not
on the approved configuration list. As far as they're concerned, it's
*not* part of XL.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
via135

hi!

what kind of help you expect from an excelforum to a person
who admits that he does not know how to enter into excel???!!!!

-via135

Fonz Wrote:
[...]

via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=531166

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

although I am sure there are companies that won't budge

Well, that includes most of my larger clients...<g
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It's part of Excel, it's on the same CD so anyone with a legal copy of
Excel/Office would also have the ATP

But an awful lot of corporate users won't have the CD, either because
the company has a single site copy or because the CDs are sequestered
with the IT Dept. Often their IT Dept won't install ATP since it's not
on the approved configuration list. As far as they're concerned, it's
*not* part of XL.

In my experience it is usually possible to include the Analysis ToolPak
without needing to use the installation CD. Just tick the relevant box
under Tools/ Add-Ins. This worked successfully under two iterations of my
company's installation, and at home.
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

In article ,
"David Biddulph" wrote:

In my experience it is usually possible to include the Analysis ToolPak
without needing to use the installation CD. Just tick the relevant box
under Tools/ Add-Ins. This worked successfully under two iterations of my
company's installation, and at home.

That's because your company installed the ATP when they installed XL. If
that's the case, it will work, of course.

However, not all companies install add-ins when they install XL.