Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fonz

Default Please help with Statistics Formulas in Excel

Hello all, I am having a bit of difficulty with making a spreadsheet that
entails the use of calculating various statistical formulas. I have searched
the net on this topic and have only managed to find exactly what I have found
help on in the help section of Excel. OUt of the formulas I needed, the
following list as of now is what I do not know how to enter into excel. I do
know the formulas as how you would write them out on paper and that is
included with the statistical terms. If anyone knows of a website that can
explain in detail how to enter these as well as other formulas into excel, It
would be much appreciated. I will be needing to add more formulas on a weekly
basis starting next week when I deal with the introduction to probability in
statistics. Here are the formulas I need to know how to enter into excel:

"Midpoint" which is (Lower class limit) + (Upper class limit)/2

"Relative Frequency" Which is Class Frequency/Sample Size (Also how to get the class frequency and sample size in excel would also be appreciated.)

"Weighted Mean" which is The sum of (x*w)/n

"Mean for Grouped Data" which is the sum of (x*f)/n

"Sample Standard Deviation for Grouped Data" which is the Square root of the

sum of (x-xbar)^2*f/n-1

"Chebychev's Theorem" which is The portion of any data set lying within K

standard Deviation (k1) of the mean is at least :
(whole number 1) - 1/k^2 .

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.