Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing Specific data from Excel worksheet

Hello All,

I have data in running form, something like this:

Sl. No. Date InvoiceNo. Item Pcs Price Value
1 29-Aug 001 Spanner 1 11.00 11.00
2. 29 Aug 001 Hammer 2 10.00 20.00

etc.

etc.

Now from this, Can we have a way of printing all the info of one
invoice number, say 001 in anoter sheet which has a different format ?
Pls help.

Thanks,
Ajit

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think this is probably a VBA task in Excel - have you considered using
Access? Harder to set you but you can do the sort of thing you want much more
efficiently

Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com

"Newtonboy" wrote:

Hello All,

I have data in running form, something like this:

Sl. No. Date InvoiceNo. Item Pcs Price Value
1 29-Aug 001 Spanner 1 11.00 11.00
2. 29 Aug 001 Hammer 2 10.00 20.00

etc.

etc.

Now from this, Can we have a way of printing all the info of one
invoice number, say 001 in anoter sheet which has a different format ?
Pls help.

Thanks,
Ajit

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dont have much exp with VBA, i manage with basic excel functions.
Moreover, have all my data in excel, wonder if access can use excel
data and get the job done ?

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not filter on 001 and copy to the other sheet
Try this

Activate AutoFilter:
Select a cell in your data table and use DataFilterAutoFilter to activate AutoFilter.
Tip: Shortcut for the English version is Alt d f f

In each header cell a dropdown will appear next to your field name.
Click on the dropdown in the Invoice field and choose 001

Copy the filter result
1) Be sure that the active cell is in the data range
2) Press Ctrl * to select all data or use F5SpecialCurrent regionOK
3) Press Alt ; to select all visible data or use F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK
4) Ctrl c or EditCopy
5) InsertWorksheet or go to a existing sheet
6) Ctrl v or EditPaste
7) Select the sheet with the filter
8) Press Esc
9) Press Alt d f f or DataFilterAutoFilter to turn off AutoFilter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Newtonboy" wrote in message

Dont have much exp with VBA, i manage with basic excel functions.
Moreover, have all my data in excel, wonder if access can use excel
data and get the job done ?

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suupppeerrrrbbb Ron ! Thanks !

I chked after activating the filter function, I could print it easily.
But, there are some columns that i dont want to be shown on the print
copy.Do i hide treh column? But, doing it everytime would be error
prone wudn't it ? Coz my staff would be doing it and their computer
skills arent too great, neither are mine !

And also, thre print copy has to have teh sum of teh total value, i.e.
the sum of all the items bought by the customer. Anything else taht we
can do abt that ?

Thanks,
Ajit

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But, there are some columns that i dont want to be shown on the print
copy.Do i hide treh column?

Can you use vba code in the workbook
You can create a button then that do the filter, hide the column and print
Bed time for me now so I reply tomorrow

And also, thre print copy has to have teh sum of teh total value, i.e.
the sum of all the items bought by the customer. Anything else taht we
can do abt that ?

See the Excel Subtotal worksheet function
=SUBTOTAL(9,E1:E200)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Newtonboy" wrote in message

Suupppeerrrrbbb Ron ! Thanks !

I chked after activating the filter function, I could print it easily.
But, there are some columns that i dont want to be shown on the print
copy.Do i hide treh column? But, doing it everytime would be error
prone wudn't it ? Coz my staff would be doing it and their computer
skills arent too great, neither are mine !

And also, thre print copy has to have teh sum of teh total value, i.e.
the sum of all the items bought by the customer. Anything else taht we
can do abt that ?

Thanks,
Ajit

--
Newtonboy
Newtonboy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29582
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558163

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there

Yes you can import Excel data into Access - however, if you have not used
Access then you need to understand how it works before you consioder switching
Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com