Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Keving

Default Excel hangs for 10 minutes when loading Personal.xls, help please

Ive searched for help but cant find any on knowlege bases, FAQ's and the
Excell help index page.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im totally in the dark on this one and any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Is this with all files on this computer, or just this one (and maybe others
like it). Maybe you have links to other files, or Add-ins that Excel is
trying to find and can't........

Does the errant file act the same way on another computer?

Is this file loading from a LAN?.....does it act the same way if you copy it
to your HD and load it from there?

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Keving" wrote:

Ive searched for help but cant find any on knowlege bases, FAQ's and the
Excell help index page.

Anyone have any suggestions? Im totally in the dark on this one and any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Keving

actually, Excell no longer will open a new workbook when starting. It
automatically will try to open personal.xls. What happened was I was
trying to record a macro in the personal macro book and this now has
occurred ever since. I've removed macros, reinstalled office and signed
in as a different user with no luck. If I try to open another work book
and excell isn't already opened, it will try top oen the file I've
chosen AND personal.xls at the same time, locking my computer until it
finally loads. If excell is open and I open a new workbook,
personal.xls won't load.

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Default Excel hangs for 10 minutes when loading Personal.xls, help ple

I think I would go to the XLstart Directory and move the Personal.xls file to
another directory temporarily and see if XL would open ok that way.......if
so, then an examination of the Personal.xls file is in order.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Keving" wrote:

actually, Excell no longer will open a new workbook when starting. It
automatically will try to open personal.xls. What happened was I was
trying to record a macro in the personal macro book and this now has
occurred ever since. I've removed macros, reinstalled office and signed
in as a different user with no luck. If I try to open another work book
and excell isn't already opened, it will try top oen the file I've
chosen AND personal.xls at the same time, locking my computer until it
finally loads. If excell is open and I open a new workbook,
personal.xls won't load.

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Keving

Thanks! I'll give that a try and let you know if that resolves it

:)

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Keving

sweet! I found it on an alternate excel folder and thank you sooo much,
I got it working, much thanks :)

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=556127

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Glad to hear it..............and thanks for the feedback.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Keving" wrote in
message ...