Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Keving

Default Excel hangs for 10 minutes when loading Personal.xls, help please

actually, Excell no longer will open a new workbook when starting. It
automatically will try to open personal.xls. What happened was I was
trying to record a macro in the personal macro book and this now has
occurred ever since. I've removed macros, reinstalled office and signed
in as a different user with no luck. If I try to open another work book
and excell isn't already opened, it will try top oen the file I've
chosen AND personal.xls at the same time, locking my computer until it
finally loads. If excell is open and I open a new workbook,
personal.xls won't load.

--
Keving
Keving's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35826