Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Default Mutiple Excel Windows.

This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

With two workbooks open, go to the Window menu and choose Arrange
then Tiled.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Max" wrote in message
This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct
question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the
same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple
Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

In the menu bar select toolsoptionsview, select windows in task bar

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Max" wrote in message
This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on
the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

WindowNew Window until you get enough windows.

Then WindowArrange in the configuration you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:06:02 -0700, Max wrote:

This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Thanks for posting Chip.

My "WindowNew Window" is only needed when you want to have multiple sheets from
one workbook tiled.

Gord

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:08:59 -0500, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

With two workbooks open, go to the Window menu and choose Arrange
then Tiled.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Thanks for the response Chip.

Somethimes when you open multiple spread sheets, it seems they end be
accumulated under one application. So they only way to access the different
spreadsheets is a) clicking on "Windows" in the toolbar, and choosing the
different spreadsheets. Or b) using Excel as an MDI and having multiple
windows with Excel. What I want to know is how consistently have two
spreadsheets open on the desktop and be able to swap back and forth between
the spreadsheets?

Thanks
--max

"Max" wrote in message
This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct
question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the
same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple
Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Thanks Gord for responding so quickly.

Something may be wrong with my installation, but when I do Windows | New
Window all I get is another copy of the current window. So the Windows list
goes form "current.xls" to "current.xls:1" and "current.xls:2" not a new
window like I would expect.

Thanks again,
--max

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

WindowNew Window until you get enough windows.

Then WindowArrange in the configuration you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:06:02 -0700, Max wrote:

This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Correct Max.

I was thinking of one workbook open and multiple sheets in windows.

My mistook<g

Gord

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

WindowNew Window until you get enough windows.

Then WindowArrange in the configuration you want.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:06:02 -0700, Max wrote:

This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question to
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max

Hi Peo, thanks for responding.

I don't know how "selecting windows in taskbar" works, other that to make
entries into the task bar, and allow you to select from the taskar, it
doesn't look like much. When you start a spreadsheet via double clicks in
explorer all you get is more spreadsheets under the Windows menu item.

If you start the second or thrid copy of Excel from the start menu then you
can have multiple copies run, but at some point, I THINK, Excel will gather
the spreadsheets under on entry. At it seems that is what happens.

I thought there was a setting, a way, or something to tell Excel to open
spreadsheets in a seperate window. How? but for now Start | MS Office |
Excel ... File open ... Blah.

Thanks all for your time and trouble.

--max

wrote:

This should be easy, but I am not probably asking the correct question
help. How do you get mutiple Excel windows to be open at the same
time --
NOT selecting spreads from the Windows menu item but Mutiple Windows on
the
screen each with there own Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks,
--max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saruman

Go to Window, Arrange and select how you want to view the windows, either
tiled, horizontal, vertical etc and click ok.

The arrange windows of current workbook is designed to work for the multiple
windows feature that you have started using.

--
Saruman

All Outgoing Mail Scanned By Norton Antivirus 2003