Mike

Default Windows in TaskBar in Excel doesn't Work the Same as in Word

put each worksheet in its own file then click on Windows - Arrange - etc

"msander508" wrote:

I'm using the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel 2002. I use this option in
Word 2002. In Word when I have two documents open, each document opens up in
its own window (essentially, it's like having two Word programs open at the
same time). I can drag one window over to my second monitor and each window
acts independent of another. When I use the Windows in Taskbar option in
Excel, it does not behave the same. It holds each document in the same
window - even though each document appears separately in the taskbar. Is
this a limitation of Excel 2002 or a bug or a known issue? It's as if Excel
can't separate each spreadsheet. If I minimize one window and then click on
the other spreadsheet in the taskbar, that window is too minimized. I want
to open up a spreadsheet on one monitor and open up the second spreadsheet on
my second monitor. As I mentioned, this feature works in Word when using the
Windows in Taskbar option.