Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Kelly

Default Link spreadsheets

How do I link two spreadsheets to receive data from one another? Thank you!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Excel doesn't have these kinds of bidirectional links.

A formula in one cell in one worksheet can "pull" a value from a different
worksheet (in any workbook).

But formulas can't "push" values to other workbooks.

You can create a formula by letting excel do the work.

Open both workbooks
Select a cell on a worksheet in one workbook.
edit|copy

Select a cell on a different worksheet
edit|paste special|click Paste Link.

You'll see the formula pasted into the cell.

If you close that first workbook, you'll see how excel adjusts the formula.

--

Dave Peterson