Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Clint Lovell

Default Spreadsheets are cut off when you paste and link?

I'm using Office 2003. I have an Excel file with spreadsheets that I am
copying and pasting into a WORD document. I am using the Paste SpecialPaste
Link command to do this.

Once the spreadsheet appears, I then use the "Format Object" command to
resize the object to fit on the page.

I then add a border to the object.

I have found the following problems:

1. After I do about a dozen spreadsheets, the pasting of additional sheets
is no longer possible. I get an error message stating, "Error, not a valid
link." This is ridiculous of course and I am very frustrated with it.

2. After I have pasted in whatever spreadsheets I want and close the file.
When I reopen the file and allow it to update the spreadsheet, it blows out
the formatting and I end up with the original size spreadsheet being left.
This extends well past the borders of the page in the WORD document because
for some STUPID reason the object resizes itself to some size greater than
100% (much less the size I wanted it to be) and the aspect ratio changes -
width percentile is larger than the height percentile.

3. After I paste a few spreadsheets, the program will choke on the links and
then I get a constant stream of STUPID error messages saying "Insufficient
Memory for Windows to Continue the Operation. Do you want to continue
anyway?"

What gives?

I'm using a toshiba tablet pc (R15-S829) that has a 1.7 Ghz processor, 512
Megs of Ram, and ample hard drive room to run the program. I just updated
Office 2003, so I am wondering what the problem is with this program?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
rsenn

If it is any consolation, I've had similar problems with Excel 2002 and
Word 2002, and never was able to solve it.

--
rsenn
rsenn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29050