realmike

Default how to link excel spreadsheets that are embedded in word

is is possible to link spreadsheets that are embedded in word, without
creating a separte excel file and using the paste special, link commands?

Anne Troy

Are you trying to link two workbooks, one within a Word file, or are you
trying to embed a workbook in Word? I don't understand the question.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"realmike" wrote in message
is is possible to link spreadsheets that are embedded in word, without
creating a separte excel file and using the paste special, link commands?

Earl Kiosterud

Mike,

If the sheets are in the same embedded workbook, it should be embedded in
the Word document only once. You can copy the embedded workbook, in Word,
(it doesn't matter which cells of which sheet you see -- it embeds the
entire workbook, not just a sheet), and Paste special - Excel object - Paste
link into another part of the Word document. YOu can only update the
original, but changes will be reflected in the linked one.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"realmike" wrote in message
is is possible to link spreadsheets that are embedded in word, without
creating a separte excel file and using the paste special, link commands?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roy

I have a simular issue. I have 2 worksheets embedded in Word. Both are
built using the Excel embed option from the Word toolbar. Theses Workbooks
do not exitst anyware else. I need to reference a cell from one in a formula
in the other.