plato

Default How do I convert csv to columns?

Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has semi
colon separation points into columns?

thanks

Bryan Hessey

After you open this file all of your data should be in column A, select
this column and Data, Text to Columns, Delimited, by semicolon should
give you the result you seek.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=484499

pameluh

Try this

copy and paste your data into excel
select the column containing the data with ; as the separator
Data | Text to columns | Delimited | Next | Select Semicolon | Next | Finish

"plato" wrote:

Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has semi
colon separation points into columns?

thanks

Dave Peterson

Another way:

Rename the .csv file to .txt. Then use file|open to open that .txt file.

You'll see the data import wizard and you'll be able to specify that the
semicolon is the delimiter.

Another option would be to change your windows regional settings list separator
to a semicolon. (I'd only do this temporarily since it's a windows setting).

In winXP,
Windows start button|control panel|regional and language options
Regional Options tab|click the customize button|Numbers tab
list separator.

plato wrote:

Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has semi
colon separation points into columns?

thanks

--

Dave Peterson
plato

"plato" wrote in message
Can someone tell me (using Excel 2330) how I make a csv file which has

semi
colon separation points into columns?

thanks

Thanks to all the replies...nice to know I also have options

tnx again

exceluserforeman

Data Import external Data Import Data

select your file