Adam@Penda

Default Can I convert columns to rows?

I need to convert address information, which is on word and listed
vertically, to an excel spreadsheet, and have the information list out
horizontally. Is this possible to do? I am familiar with the basics of each
program, but using "range,formula,value" options in excel confuses me.
Here's an example:

(My data in word)

Mel's Tire Store, Inc.
300 Culbertson Avenue
Worland, WY 82401
(307) 347-3601

Need to copy and paste so data spreads horizontally in Excel, under these
colum headings:

"Business Name" "Address" "City" "State" "Zip"
" Phone"
Mel's Tire Store, Inc. 300 Culbertson Worland WY 82401
(307)347-3601

Is this possible or do you know a way I could make something like this
happen? Thanks for your time and imput!

Connie Martin

If I'm understanding you correctly, this is what I would do. Paste the
information as it is from Word. Then select the rows and columns in Excel,
copy, click in cell where you want to start the new rows and columns, Paste
Special...Transpose (just above the OK button). Then delete the original
rows.

Connie Martin

"Adam@Penda" wrote:

[...]

David Biddulph

"Adam@Penda" wrote in message
[...]

Paste from Word into Excel as a column, then copy that and:
Edit/ Paste Special/ tick Transpose, and it'll paste it as a row
--
David Biddulph

L. Howard Kittle

Hi there,

Using the methods of Connie and David will get you almost to the point you
want but not all the way. If you are okay with "Worland, WY 82401" all in
one cell, then you have your solution. However, if you want the city, state
and zip in separate columns then you can use Text To Columns under Data to
do this.

Here's what I did to separate city, state and zip.

First I copied the column and pasted on a separate sheet. Then I used Edit
Find Replace , Replace with "nothing" to remove the comas behind

the city. Copy and paste back over the original column on the previous
sheet. (I used a separate sheet to avoid removing the comas in the rest of
the address text).

Now select the column with the tele no's and Insert Column. Do this twice
to give you the needed space.

Now select the column and under Data Text To Columns Check Delimited
Next Check Space Next Finish.

Should get you there.

HTH
Regards,
Howard (a Powell Panther helping a Worland Warrior)