Gord Dibben

Default CONVERT Function Disappered in Excel

CONVERT Function is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

ToolsAdd-ins. Check the ATP.

Help on CONVERT does state you will need the ATP loaded, BTW.

Right up at the top of the page.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:57:42 +0100, Andy wrote:

Hi

I have Office XP which I have updated to SP3. I ran Windows Update the other
day and it offered to check other programs and it recommended some form of
security update for Office which I opted to download. It might be coincidence
but I have a worksheet that contains the CONVERT worksheet function which no
longer works after this update. When I recalculate, I get #### in the boxes
that contain the CONVERT function and when I move the mouse over the box I get
#NAME?. If I try the 'Insert Function' option, CONVERT is not available from
the list and if I copy & paste a CONVERT example from the help function into a
worksheet this fails also. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office but I
still have this problem. Can anyone help?

Andy

Rowan

The CONVERT function is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in. Are you sure you
have this addin insalled - check under ToolsAdd-Ins.

Hope this helps
Rowan

"Andy" wrote:

Hi

I have Office XP which I have updated to SP3. I ran Windows Update the other
day and it offered to check other programs and it recommended some form of
security update for Office which I opted to download. It might be coincidence
but I have a worksheet that contains the CONVERT worksheet function which no
longer works after this update. When I recalculate, I get #### in the boxes
that contain the CONVERT function and when I move the mouse over the box I get
#NAME?. If I try the 'Insert Function' option, CONVERT is not available from
the list and if I copy & paste a CONVERT example from the help function into a
worksheet this fails also. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office but I
still have this problem. Can anyone help?

Andy

Gord Dibben

Andy

Guess I misunderstood your statement in original post.

if I copy & paste a CONVERT example from the help function into a
worksheet this fails also.

I assumed you had gone to the CONVERT Help.

Gord

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:01:02 +0100, Andy wrote:

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:23:11 -0700, "Ron Coderre"
wrote:

Do you have the Analysis Toolpak Add-in installed?

Thank you all for your replies. This solved has the problem.

I did have ATP installed but the online update must have removed it. Yes, I
acknowledge that this is in the help but when it's last thing at night and a
spreadsheet that has worked with the same software installation on the same
computer every week for the past year refuses to run you don't notice these
things :-)

Thanks again - Andy