Junior Member

Default excel file crashes windows explorer

For some reason when I select one of my Excel 2013 spreadsheet files, right after my system boots the Windows Explorer crashes. I've ran virus scans and malware scans and found none.

Any suggestions?
Junior Member

I was like that when the problem exists when double-clicking in Windows Explorer. Then I get the message that the program isn't responding and have the option to close or wait. After a few moments Excel does eventually open and I can work on the file. I do not have the problem when I open the file directly form Excel.
Read here, perhaps this article will help you:
http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...lowing-format/