KymY

Default Replace Excel File Open with Windows Explorer

I'd like to have much more flexibility in Excel's File Open box.

Can it be set to show a folder tree on the left with files on the right,
as in Windows Explorer ?

Or can I set Excel to use WE to open and save files instead ?

I as a professional accountant I access many files in Office each day
- nearly all with WE, as both Excel and Word are deficient on this.

I use Office 2003
Dave Peterson

Couldn't you just pop open Windows Explorer and use that to open any workbook
you want (just double click on the filename)?

(I don't have a suggestion for saving the files, though.)

--

Dave Peterson
Debra Dalgleish

You can add the most frequently used folders to the My Places bar, at
the left of the Open and Save dialog boxes. There's information he

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=826214

KymY wrote:
I'd like to have much more flexibility in Excel's File Open box.

Can it be set to show a folder tree on the left with files on the right,
as in Windows Explorer ?

Or can I set Excel to use WE to open and save files instead ?

I as a professional accountant I access many files in Office each day
- nearly all with WE, as both Excel and Word are deficient on this.

I use Office 2003

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List