-   -   excel file crashes windows explorer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/450917-excel-file-crashes-windows-explorer.html)

rudisundermann

excel file crashes windows explorer

For some reason when I select one of my Excel 2013 spreadsheet files, right after my system boots the Windows Explorer crashes. I've ran virus scans and malware scans and found none.

Any suggestions?

elvinnaslund

I was like that when the problem exists when double-clicking in Windows Explorer. Then I get the message that the program isn't responding and have the option to close or wait. After a few moments Excel does eventually open and I can work on the file. I do not have the problem when I open the file directly form Excel.
Read here, perhaps this article will help you:
http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...lowing-format/