Default saving ppt as html

Using MS PowerPoint 2003 SP1, and MS Excel SP1:

Problem
In trying to save a ppt slide as html the resulting html page does not
retain the same functionality as the ppt slide.

Specifics
On my PowerPoint slide I have a Movie (wmv). This movie has a custom
animation associated with the on click event on the movie object - when the
movie object is clicked it is paused, then when clicked again it starts
playing (toggles). The custom animation also has a trigger associated with
it... it is set to "start the effect on click of" the attached wmv. Good news
- this works great through power point - but when I save the ppt as html, the
custom animation no longer works. On the html page, the first click starts
the movie, but subsequent clicks do not take any action - except I've noticed
(strangely) that double-clicks make the movie go into full-screen.

Question
Are the custom actions and triggers from ppt able to carry over to the html?
(I thought I had this working in one case - but I can't seem to get it to
work now...)

A Little more background
I am developing an app that has a web browser control and a tree view of
slides to view. The reason I'm trying to convert all my ppts to html is that
when I load a ppt slide into the web browser, the app seems to loose focus
and thus some of my apps actions (keyboard events) are no longer being fired
or responded to. What appears to happen is that power point, instead of my
app, is responding to the events. So, when I load a ppt slide with a movie
then click on that movie to start playing, ppt gets the focus and thus
responds to the inputs. When I save the ppt slides as html, this problem is
alleviated - even after clicking on the html page with an embedded movie, my
app retains control (focus?) and still is able to respond to selected events
(i.e. keyboard). If anyone has any wisdom on how to deal with this problem or
enlighten me with any background I'd be appreciative.

This question was also posted under Office\PowerPoint\General group...