writenick

Default save as html

I have been working for years on Excel 97 until a couple of days ago. I
manage a web site that I update two times a month with new point standings
for my group (www.wctpa.com) . The points are sent to me via e-mail by the
group secretary in an excel spreadsheet.

I have an html document that I rename and reuse that contains an html
instruction to insert a table at a specific location: <!--##table##-- . In
Excel 97, I had been able to re-save her spreadsheet as "save as html". This
allowed me to insert the spreadsheet contents into my html document, then
upload to our web site.

I have just upgraded my hardware and software. I have XP home edition and
Office 2002. I do not see the option to "save as html".

I have a few problems:

All my html documents are named .htm, like index.htm; region1.htm;
r1copy.htm. Notepad will let me resave as .htm, but excel will only accept
..html in "save as". I want to keep my documents as .htm.

I have been unable to recreate my processs of inserting a table using "save
as web page".

I have read several of your comments at Microsoft, but none deal directly
with what happened to Excel 97 "save as html" or how to recreate it in Excel
2002.

Can you help or point me to a source that can explain what happened or what
to do now so I can continue my table inserts?

Thank you.

Nick