Junior Member

Default extract text from html files

okay, I have a file in microsoft excel. I have a column in there for a
description. However, my resource of all the descriptions are in html files.
All that is in the file is the description., I also need to be able to match up either the name of the html file or one
of the numbers in the html file to a catalog number in excel so that the
right description gets put on the same line as the item. The title of the
html file is the same as the item # inside the html file. Is there anyway to
pull the text out of the html files, with still keeping the model # or
whatever in excel?

(i.e. file number is 12345, and I have a column in excel with the same number 12345. I would like to be able to match the neumbers up so they would be in different columns but on the same line.

I will send anyone the files, if they want to take as look at the files, etc... Please let me know if you understand what I am
talking about. I know there may be othe rprogs out there, or even excel . I
kjnow its pretty powerful.

the column I want the description to go into would either be column F or G.

I would ike it if the # in the column for images could be matched up to the number of the file, or # inside of file, to column F or G. SO I do not have to sort all of these 1 by 1.
But be able to paste them all in the oprder of that #.

Also, if this is possible, to be able to take as many of ther html files at
one time, SO I do not have to do all of them 1 by 1. I have around 22,000
products I have to do this with. So I am looking for the easiest way to get
all of these in there.

someone told me there might be away to do this using macros, but I have no idea.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Glowinafuse
Junior Member

Does anyone know what I can do? I really need to see what is possible. Please help...

Glowinafuse
kraljb

I am not sure what you are looking to do, but if the HTML file is done
in a table, you can just copy and paste it into excel and keep the
table setup the same way. Or are you trying to do it through a macro?

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955

Junior Member

Looking to do this with a macro I guess. I need to do lioke 20,000 + of these, So doing 1 bty one, isn't what I am looking for.

Please help, Need to figure this out. Even if it can not be done easily or by me. Let me know who I can ask if they can do a program, etc.. for this.

Thanks again,

Glowinafuse