Junior Member

Default print formating for very numeroous files

I have to print anywhere from 40-100+ of these small excel files all at once every week. The person who makes them sets up page boundaries that cuts the data right down the middle to print on two pages. I'd ask him to not do that but he is in Guatemala and communication about technical issues is very difficult.

I end up printing each file one by one. I open all the files at once and on each one go to print preview, page setup, portrait, fit to (1 page), print. This takes forever. Is there a way to print everything at once with the same portrait and fit to one page without doing them all individually?

Windows XP SP3, Excel 2007
Attached Files
File Type: zip cut ticket example.zip (1.3 KB, 36 views)
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCguy View Post
I have to print anywhere from 40-100+ of these small excel files all at once every week. The person who makes them sets up page boundaries that cuts the data right down the middle to print on two pages. I'd ask him to not do that but he is in Guatemala and communication about technical issues is very difficult.

I end up printing each file one by one. I open all the files at once and on each one go to print preview, page setup, portrait, fit to (1 page), print. This takes forever. Is there a way to print everything at once with the same portrait and fit to one page without doing them all individually?

Windows XP SP3, Excel 2007
Is my misspelled threat title really scaring everyone off?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

BCguy wrote :
BCguy;1600104 Wrote:
I have to print anywhere from 40-100+ of these small excel files all at
once every week. The person who makes them sets up page boundaries that
cuts the data right down the middle to print on two pages. I'd ask him
to not do that but he is in Guatemala and communication about technical
issues is very difficult.

I end up printing each file one by one. I open all the files at once and
on each one go to print preview, page setup, portrait, fit to (1 page),
print. This takes forever. Is there a way to print everything at once
with the same portrait and fit to one page without doing them all
individually?

Windows XP SP3, Excel 2007

Is my misspelled threat title really scaring everyone off?

Print Setup is sheet specific and so there isn't a 'global' setting
that you can set that will override this. What you can do is do
PageSetup settings before you do PrintOut with VBA...

With ActiveSheet
.PageSetup.FitToPagesWide = 1
.PrintOut
End With 'ActiveSheet

...but I'd prep a blank worksheet and use ADODB to read the data in
without having to open the files, dump it onto the worksheet, print,
clear the worksheet for the next file's data. So maybe you want to
store a workbook that has only 1 sheet in it and the VBA required to
process this task. Optionally, you could store the VBA in its own
module in PERSONAL.XLS and set it up to use a temp workbook for this
task.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is my misspelled threat title really scaring everyone off?

It is "Excel Banter" that scares me off.
Too many of the questions appear to be machine generated, so as to build traffic statistics.
Who wants to spend the time to respond and then never get an acknowledgement?

Using the Ribbon...
One can change "fit to pages wide" from the Page Layout (tab), Page Setup (group), Width (dropdown).
It only takes a couple of clicks.

Suggest you find a native Spanish? speaker to appropriately translate the above and send a note to
the guy in Guatemala.
Otherwise, it will require VBA code to find the files, open them and change page setup.
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(Formats & Styles xl add-in: lists/removes unused styles & number formats) - free