Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone[_2_] Jim Cone[_2_] is offline

Default print formating for very numeroous files

Is my misspelled threat title really scaring everyone off?

It is "Excel Banter" that scares me off.
Too many of the questions appear to be machine generated, so as to build traffic statistics.
Who wants to spend the time to respond and then never get an acknowledgement?

Using the Ribbon...
One can change "fit to pages wide" from the Page Layout (tab), Page Setup (group), Width (dropdown).
It only takes a couple of clicks.

Suggest you find a native Spanish? speaker to appropriately translate the above and send a note to
the guy in Guatemala.
Otherwise, it will require VBA code to find the files, open them and change page setup.
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(Formats & Styles xl add-in: lists/removes unused styles & number formats) - free

"BCguy"
wrote in message

BCguy;1600104 Wrote:
I have to print anywhere from 40-100+ of these small excel files all at
once every week. The person who makes them sets up page boundaries that
cuts the data right down the middle to print on two pages. I'd ask him
to not do that but he is in Guatemala and communication about technical
issues is very difficult.

I end up printing each file one by one. I open all the files at once and
on each one go to print preview, page setup, portrait, fit to (1 page),
print. This takes forever. Is there a way to print everything at once
with the same portrait and fit to one page without doing them all
individually?

Windows XP SP3, Excel 2007

Is my misspelled threat title really scaring everyone off?

BCguy