Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate parts per hour on rotating line

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

7.5 parts per minute.

=500/7.5 returns 66.66667 minutes

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 09:46:06 -0700, scootr
wrote:

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

so, one part per foot, moving at 7.5 feet per minute, that means you are
getting 7.5 parts per minute, divide 500 parts by 7.5 parts per minute gives
you 66.6666666666666666 minutes to get 500 parts

"scootr" wrote:

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

EXCEL 2007

I have just put up a file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Item number 90 (at the time of posting).

You can change any of the input cells (I 13, K 13, M 16 or J 22) and the
result in minutes (cell M 26) will get calculated for you automatically.

Thanks.

"scootr" wrote:

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Naaa.
Not homework
Trying to develope a spreadsheet to automatically calculate total time
needed based on different speeds per minute, parts needed, and spacing apart.
I was just over-complecating things.

Thanks everyone.

"Bob I" wrote:

Sounds like homework.

scootr wrote:

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

remove the superfluous information and divide speed of belt by distance
between part to get quantity per minute then divide quantity desired by
part rate to find time.

scootr wrote:

Naaa.
Not homework
Trying to develope a spreadsheet to automatically calculate total time
needed based on different speeds per minute, parts needed, and spacing apart.
I was just over-complecating things.

Thanks everyone.

"Bob I" wrote:

Sounds like homework.