Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob I Bob I is offline

Default Calculate parts per hour on rotating line

remove the superfluous information and divide speed of belt by distance
between part to get quantity per minute then divide quantity desired by
part rate to find time.

scootr wrote:

Naaa.
Not homework
Trying to develope a spreadsheet to automatically calculate total time
needed based on different speeds per minute, parts needed, and spacing apart.
I was just over-complecating things.

Thanks everyone.

"Bob I" wrote:

Sounds like homework.

scootr wrote:

There is a 700 feet rotating conveyor.
Moving at a rate of 7.5 feet per minute.
I know it takes 93 minutes to make one revolution.

How long will it take to get 500 parts off the line?
The parts are spaced 1 foot apart.

I need a formula that can calculate this. Can somebody help me?

.