Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sort by colour

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Download the modcolorfunctions.zip file from

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.aspx

Unzip the *.bas file and import as a module to any workbook.

All the functions needed are in that module.

Not an add-in.............nothing to install.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:37:42 GMT, "BNT1 via OfficeKB.com" <u19326@uwe
wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Follow this

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rtonColor.html

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"BNT1 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Russell Dawson wrote:
Follow this

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rtonColor.html

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Works perfect when copy/paste in module this workbook.

When copy/paste in personal.xls vba it doesnt seem to work

Function getcolour(mycell As Range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

Am i doing something wrong?

regards

BNT1 wrote:
thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Follow this

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

BNT1 wrote:
thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Follow this

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks Gord

where do i paste this "=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)"
in the code below (as you may of guessed, i'm upto spped with this VBa

Function getcolour(mycell As Range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

Have tried:
Function Personalxls!getcolour(mycell as range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

but got error

thanks in advance

Gord Dibben wrote:
=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You type Gord's suggestion into a cell in the worksheet.

For instance, to get the interior colorindex of the cell in A1, you could type
this into B1:

=Personal.xls!getcolour(A1)

=====
The code itself would go into a general module of the personal.xls workbook's
project.

I'm not sure if you put that in the correct location, though.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Gord Dibben wrote:
=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

thanks

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

worked a treat

Dave Peterson wrote:
You type Gord's suggestion into a cell in the worksheet.

For instance, to get the interior colorindex of the cell in A1, you could type
this into B1:

=Personal.xls!getcolour(A1)

=====
The code itself would go into a general module of the personal.xls workbook's
project.

I'm not sure if you put that in the correct location, though.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

thanks Gord

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
Message posted via OfficeKB.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc