-   -   sort by colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259753-sort-colour.html)

BNT1 via OfficeKB.com

sort by colour

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

Gord Dibben

sort by colour

Download the modcolorfunctions.zip file from

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.aspx

Unzip the *.bas file and import as a module to any workbook.

All the functions needed are in that module.

Not an add-in.............nothing to install.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:37:42 GMT, "BNT1 via OfficeKB.com" <u19326@uwe
wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

Russell Dawson[_2_]

sort by colour

Follow this

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rtonColor.html

--
Russell Dawson
Excel Student

Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful.

"BNT1 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to sort by colour, with using an Add-in, as I am at work and
will not permit any install

tried the links to cpearson etc, but i see they were add-ins

glad to use any VBA, if anyone has it, of point me in the direction?
using Excel 2003

thanks

.

BNT1 via OfficeKB.com

sort by colour

thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Russell Dawson wrote:
Follow this

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rtonColor.html

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Russell Dawson wrote:
Follow this

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...rtonColor.html

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

thanks

BNT1 via OfficeKB.com

sort by colour

Hi

Works perfect when copy/paste in module this workbook.

When copy/paste in personal.xls vba it doesnt seem to work

Function getcolour(mycell As Range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

Am i doing something wrong?

regards

BNT1 wrote:
thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Follow this

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

thanks

Gord Dibben

sort by colour

=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

BNT1 wrote:
thank you both - did use the datapig as i was able to follow it easier
works perfect
regards

Follow this

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

thanks

BNT1 via OfficeKB.com

sort by colour

thanks Gord

where do i paste this "=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)"
in the code below (as you may of guessed, i'm upto spped with this VBa

Function getcolour(mycell As Range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

Have tried:
Function Personalxls!getcolour(mycell as range)
getcolour = mycell.Interior.ColorIndex
End Function

but got error

thanks in advance

Gord Dibben wrote:
=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

thanks

Dave Peterson

sort by colour

You type Gord's suggestion into a cell in the worksheet.

For instance, to get the interior colorindex of the cell in A1, you could type
this into B1:

=Personal.xls!getcolour(A1)

=====
The code itself would go into a general module of the personal.xls workbook's
project.

I'm not sure if you put that in the correct location, though.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

Gord Dibben wrote:
=Personal.xls!getcolour(range)

Gord

Hi

[quoted text clipped - 19 lines]

thanks

Dave Peterson

BNT1 via OfficeKB.com

sort by colour

worked a treat

Dave Peterson wrote:
You type Gord's suggestion into a cell in the worksheet.

For instance, to get the interior colorindex of the cell in A1, you could type
this into B1:

=Personal.xls!getcolour(A1)

=====
The code itself would go into a general module of the personal.xls workbook's
project.

I'm not sure if you put that in the correct location, though.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

thanks Gord

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
Message posted via OfficeKB.com

Gord Dibben