Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default possible to sort by colour??

I have a 3000 row sheet that I would like to sort by colour..so that
the rows filled in with pink show at the top of the sheet.

Can this be done?

....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Chip Pearson's site for info and code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:58:42 -0700, "
wrote:

I have a 3000 row sheet that I would like to sort by colour..so that
the rows filled in with pink show at the top of the sheet.

Can this be done?

...Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lisa,

VBA code is required to color sort, unless you want to go thru the
pain of installing and trying to use XL2007.
These two web sites provide code to sort by color...
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
-or-
There are some commercial applications (add-ins) that provide
color sorting capability to Excel.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
I have a 3000 row sheet that I would like to sort by colour..so that
the rows filled in with pink show at the top of the sheet.

Can this be done?
....Lisa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Jim...I might look into other add-ins

....Lisa

These two web sites provide code to sort by color...http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld....cel/colors.htm
San Francisco, USAhttp://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware