Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default recover damaged excel file

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the
files, did you send the file to somebody?

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Eduardo.

I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately
we backup files only once a month and I created this one just a few days ago.

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Send to me if you like and I'll give it a try in xl2003

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Nora_Italy" wrote in message
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's
no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does Excel open other files ?
If you are not getting an error message - are you getting a blank sheet ?
Is it possible that you are opening the workbook to a different tab ?

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Nora,
when you said the file don't open, does it open a blank file or just you
don't see anything?, don't have any applications of files open and try to
open it from the desktop, go to my computer, search fof the file and open it
from there, let me know what happens

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure it is your excel file that is damaged? Damaged xls file can be fixed by useing some excel repair tools, you can visit : http://www.datanumen.com/aer/recovery.htm
to know the detailed steps for recovering xls file.

Julie

I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there is no

On Friday, March 12, 2010 9:25 AM Eduardo wrote:

Hi,
what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the
files, did you send the file to somebody?

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2010 9:33 AM Nora_Italy wrote:

Thank you Eduardo.

I do not get any error message, the file just does not open. Unfortunatately
we backup files only once a month and I created this one just a few days ago.

"Eduardo" wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2010 9:49 AM Don Guillett wrote:

Send to me if you like and I will give it a try in xl2003

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

On Friday, March 12, 2010 9:59 AM pmartglass wrote:

Does Excel open other files ?
If you are not getting an error message - are you getting a blank sheet ?
Is it possible that you are opening the workbook to a different tab ?

"Nora_Italy" wrote:

On Friday, March 12, 2010 10:20 AM Eduardo wrote:

Hi Nora,
when you said the file do not open, does it open a blank file or just you
do not see anything?, do not have any applications of files open and try to
open it from the desktop, go to my computer, search fof the file and open it
from there, let me know what happens

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora_Italy View Post
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no
way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion?
Here's an online Excel spreadsheet repair service where you can upload your file and (hopefully) have it fixed:
https://online.officerecovery.com/excel/

/OR