Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002 *File Damaged*

Hello,
My excel seems damaged. I can't open the file. When I tried some demo
excel repair program. It said " OLE Header Structure Corrupt" and "Error
Reading BIFF"
Can anyone help me and let me know how to fix my excel file. Thanks in
advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to try openoffice. Lots of people have said that it's recovered
workbooks that excel couldn't.

(http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD)

If the file is really important, there are commercial recovery services. I've
never used it, but you might want to check into:
http://www.officerecovery.com

--

Dave Peterson
Junior Member

Go with third party Excel Repair Tool, this tool extracts all corrupted data items such as text even from heavily damaged *.xls files. It helps you to fix all corruption issue and save them in new usable Excel file. To know more- http://www.datarepairtools.com/excel-recovery.html