Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IcU812

Default Openoffice -damaged tmp file

I downloaded openoffice because I saw that people suggested this. Now when I
try to open the file it asks about a filter selection. When i choose excel
97/2000/Xp. It doesnt open it. I thought that this program could open corrupt
files?? I tried other filter selections but it wont open it. Only the encoded
option opens it but it is jibberish. Any suggestions
--
-Readyforthebridge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey

Even OpenOffice has its limits if your file is badly corrupted.

Are you certain the tmp file was generated as an XL file?