-   -   Openoffice -damaged tmp file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/58291-openoffice-damaged-tmp-file.html)

IcU812

Openoffice -damaged tmp file

I downloaded openoffice because I saw that people suggested this. Now when I
try to open the file it asks about a filter selection. When i choose excel
97/2000/Xp. It doesnt open it. I thought that this program could open corrupt
files?? I tried other filter selections but it wont open it. Only the encoded
option opens it but it is jibberish. Any suggestions
--
-Readyforthebridge

JE McGimpsey

Openoffice -damaged tmp file

Even OpenOffice has its limits if your file is badly corrupted.

Are you certain the tmp file was generated as an XL file?